"Deconstructing the Beatles: The Early Years" 2-Film Set.
At first John Lennon, Paul McCartney, George Harrison, and Richard Starkey were just four Liverpool teenagers who picked up their instruments and decided to play music. With no formal training or ability to read music, they tried to emulate their American rock heroes. Within a few years, they would change music history (and the world) forever.
This 2-film set traces the band’s early years, from a fateful garden party in 1957 to the “toppermost of the poppermost” by the end of 1963.
Join “Beatleolgist” Scott Freiman on a lively educational journey from Liverpool to Hamburg to the world stage:
- Deconstructing The Birth of The Beatles explores the path from the young Beatles’ early days as the Quarrymen to their musical transformation in Hamburg. Learn about their first recording sessions with Percy Phillips, Bert Kaempfert, and George Martin. Experience their first performances at the Casbah Club, the Kaiserkeller, and the Cavern. Witness the friendly rivalry between the Beatles and Rory Storm, featuring Ringo Starr. Join manager Brian Epstein as he desperately tries to get the Beatles a recording contract. Suffice to say, it’s an adventure filled with twists, turns, and crazy coincidences.
- Deconstructing The Beatles’ 1963: Yeah, Yeah, Yeah! In late 1962, the Beatles stepped into EMI studios for the first time, meeting producer George Martin. Over the next eighteen months, they would release four number-one singles and two number-one albums while becoming international superstars. Learn how the Beatles adapted musical ideas and made them their own. Be amazed at the primitive recording technology they used to create their early hits. Experience the Beatles’ insane schedule as they charmed the press, their fans, and the world at large. It was a year like no other!
Choose DVD or streaming. When you buy the DVDs, you'll also get the streaming versions -- FREE. Our treat.
Special features (DVD only):
- Audience Q&A from each film
- “Mini deconstruction” video on the “wind up piano” the band used on every one of its albums.
- Condensed Facebook Live discussions with Scott Freiman author Ken Womack (“Maximum Volume” and “Sound Pictures”) on George Martin and 10 Beatle-esque bands.
Feature run times:
- Deconstructing the Early Beatles: 1 hour 28 minutes
- Deconstructing 1963: Yeah, Yeah, Yeah! 1 hour 16 minutes
"Deconstructing The Beatles" is a multimedia lecture series conceived and delivered by Scott Freiman
© 2018 Deconstructing the Music, LLC. All rights reserved.
Legal services provided by Donaldson + Callif, LLP
Artwork by Arnie Sawyer: SawyerEntertainment.com