Deconstructing The Beatles' SGT. PEPPER -- Feature Film
Choose DVD ($19.95) or Streaming ($9.95)
In August, 1966, the Beatles played their final concert (at San Francisco's Candlestick Park). They had decided to stop touring – but didn’t know how to be a “band” without playing gigs. After that last show, George Harrison famously said, “Well, I guess I’m not a Beatle anymore.”
Of course, we now know they more than met the challenge, going on to produce one of rock’s greatest albums, Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band.
In the fascinating multimedia lecture, Deconstructing The Beatles’ Sgt. Pepper, acclaimed “Beatle-ologist” Scott Freiman delves deeply into the creative process that produced this masterpiece. Deconstructing The Beatles’ Sgt. Pepper brings you into EMI Studios to see how this landmark album evolved.
The film traces the development of these now-familiar tracks, starting with rough demos, moving through successive (and surprising) takes and sprinkling fascinating factoids throughout. No matter how big a fan you are, you’ll learn things like:
– Which track features background vocals in German?
– Why is one song in different keys for the British and American versions?
– Why didn’t George Martin write the string arrangement for “She’s Leaving Home”?
– Which tracks featured toilet paper, bass harmonica, and calliope?
Join Scott on an educational journey into the remarkable creative process behind these timeless performances and recording sessions.
The DVD version of the film also includes several bonus features:
- Audience Q&A
- Janet Maslin (president of Jacob Burns Film Center and former film critic for the New York Times) interviews Scott Freiman.
- Five short “mini-deconstruction” videos on A Day in the Life, Penny Lane, Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds, P.S. I Love You and Revolver.
When you buy the DVD, you'll also get the streaming version -- FREE. Our treat.
For the streaming version, you'll have a full year to watch it, rather than the usual 30 days.
A splendid time is guaranteed for all!
No, really. If you don't like it, we'll give you a full refund.
Running time: 1 hour 35 minutes
"Deconstructing The Beatles" is a multimedia lecture series conceived and delivered by Scott Freiman
© 2017 Deconstructing the Music, LLC. All rights reserved.
Legal services provided by Donaldson + Callif, LLP
Artwork by Arnie Sawyer: SawyerEntertainment.com